About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum The Swiss Travel Pass Spring 2023 promotion
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

The Swiss Travel Pass Spring 2023 promotion

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Arno
Arno
15806 posts
expert &
Jan 23, 2023 - 5:07 PM

Hi everyone,

This is a very early announcement of a Swiss Travel Pass promotion that is expected to launch on 15 April 2023. More details will follow closer to the launch, both here in this thread and in our newsletter.

• The 4-day Swiss Travel Pass will have 1 extra travel day for free.
  • The 8-day Swiss Travel Pass will have 2 extra travel days for free.
  • The offer applies to 1st and 2nd class, and to adult and youth passes (for people up to 24 years old).
  • The offer does not apply to any other passes (3/6/15-day Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Travel Pass Flex, regional passes, etc.).
  • The start date of the pass must be between 15 April and 13 November 2023. The pass is then valid for 5 or 10 consecutive days.
  • The promotion will end on 14 May 2023.

I expect multiple shops to offer this. The official SBB tourist web shop, Switzerland Travel Centre, will for sure be one of them: https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com. There's no information on their website yet, that will follow closer to the start date.

This offer is interesting for you if you need 5, 9 or 10 days of unlimited travel between 15 April and 13 November 2023. If you need a different number of travel days, you can look into the other Swiss Travel Passes: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass.

Last modified on Jan 23, 2023 - 5:30 PM by Arno
Mrs
Mrs
8 posts
Jan 23, 2023 - 7:46 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you, this is great news as my family will need a pass for 9 days!

Is this a sale that will sell out so I need to buy as soon as possible on April 15 or is this promotion will run through a certain time?

Thank you again.

Grace

Arno
Arno
15806 posts
expert &
Jan 24, 2023 - 6:28 AM

Hi Grace,

That's perfect indeed! The passes won't sell out. All you have to do is buy between April 15 and May 14. That's based on the information I have now.

Please check back here on April 15 or the days thereafter. The latest information will then be available.

Last modified on Jan 24, 2023 - 6:28 AM by Arno
Ventsislav
Ventsislav
7 posts
Jan 24, 2023 - 5:10 PM in reply to Arno

Dear Arno,

I have two questions:

1 - Are promotions offered on REGIONAL-PASS BERNESE OBERLAND from time to time?

2- If I have this pass and I am staying in this area only, but I am landing at Geneva, for example. Then do I buy a ticket only to Bern, and from there my trip will be covered by my Regional Pass?

Thank you!

Arno
Arno
15806 posts
expert &
Jan 25, 2023 - 9:39 AM in reply to Ventsislav

Hi Ventsislav,

1. Promotions for the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland aren't common. Should there be a discount, we'll post this at the forum and at www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/promotions. You can find regular Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland prices at https://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/price.

2. Yes, that's correct. You'd buy a normal ticket until Bern (or maybe you'll be able to find a Supersaver ticket: https://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland), and after Bern your Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland will be valid and that's what you show to the train personnel. It's explained at www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/howtouse.

You could also opt to take the GoldenPass when traveling from Geneva to Interlaken (https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass). In that case you'd travel via Montreux, Zweisimmen and Interlaken. As you'll see on the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland validity map (https://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/validity), you'd pay full fare up to Montreux, then half fare between Montreux and Saanen, and then the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland kicks in.

Last modified on Jan 25, 2023 - 4:24 PM by Arno
Thomaslopezz
Thomaslopezz
1 post
Jan 29, 2023 - 12:54 PM

This is a cool pass that was very useful for me for the trip. I recommend this to every tourist.

Ventsislav
Ventsislav
7 posts
Jan 29, 2023 - 1:22 PM in reply to Arno

Much appreciated, Arno!

Please advise - if we land at Basel, do we buy first ticket for bus 50 and then at Basel rail station we buy a rail ticket to Bern? or we can directly purchase one ticket for the two legs at the airport?

Arno
Arno
15806 posts
expert &
Jan 29, 2023 - 2:37 PM in reply to Ventsislav

Hi Ventsislav! You can buy one ticket to Bern that covers the whole route. There's no need for separate tickets. Here's how it works: https://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland.

Ventsislav
Ventsislav
7 posts
Jan 29, 2023 - 5:50 PM in reply to Arno

Fabulous!

Is the trip form Lauterbrunnen to Gelmerbahn included in the BERNESE OBERLAND Pass? Does Gelmerbahn give discount to the holders of this pass? I am asking becuase on the website for Gemlerbahn there is no option for applying a pass fare.

Also, in the direction of Bern, which is the last stop that the Jungfrau Travel Pass covers?

Last modified on Jan 29, 2023 - 7:22 PM by Ventsislav

Anna
Anna
4157 posts
expert &
Jan 30, 2023 - 2:03 PM in reply to Ventsislav

Hi Ventsislav,

The Regional Pass Bernese Oberland provides free travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Handegg, where the Gelmerbahn valley station is located. There is no discount on the Gelmerbahn. You can find further details on the website.

If you are travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Bern with a Jungfrau Travel Pass, you are allowed free travelling up to Interlaken West. You need a ticket onwards to cover the train journey from Interlaken West to Bern. Alternatively, you can travel with the boat from Interlaken West to Thun. This is covered by the Jungfrau Travel Pass. From Thun to Bern, you need a ticket. You can view and download the Jungfrau Travel Pass validity map here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2023