The Zurich Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sarah28
Sarah28
3 posts
Jun 10, 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone can give some advice on the Zurich card? We will only be using it for 2 days to travel between our hotel near the airport and the main train station return each day. Would it be cheaper to just buy a ticket for the zones we are travelling in each day?

Thankyou for your help Sarah

Arno
Arno
14075 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2015 - 3:06 PM

Hi Sarah,

A day ticket for zone 110 and 121 is sufficient in your case. It costs CHF 8.60 per person. A ZurichCARD costs CHF 48 per person for 3 days, and only pays off if you also use it for museums. Links to all the details can be found on myswissalps.com/ zurich/travel.

Enjoy your stay!

Last modified on Jun 11, 2015 - 6:31 AM by Arno
Sarah28
Sarah28
3 posts
Jun 10, 2015 - 10:41 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your reply! I'm not sure how many museums we will fit in as we have a tour for Jungfrau booked for the second day of our stay. I'm very excited about visiting Switzerland and can't wait to explore Zurich!

Sarah

Arno
Arno
14075 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2015 - 6:33 AM

Hi Sarah,

You can buy a 24 hour ZurichCARD (CHF 24) for day one and a regular ZVV ticket for day two to reach the departure location of your tour.

Have a wonderful time!

Sarah28
Sarah28
3 posts
Jun 11, 2015 - 2:04 PM in reply to Arno

That is a fantastic idea!! Thank you Arno! You are a wonderful help and this forum is just amazing for travellers with no idea how to navigate things in a foreign country.

Thankyou again!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019