Thermal bath and spa: Zermatt and Leukerbad?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 4, 2019 - 6:00 AM

I am 70-yrs young and would like to make ad hoc plans to experience stretch, scrub, detoxify, massage and foot reflexology during my 5-Day stay in Zermatt. What is the ideal Thermal Hotel Bath Spa in Zermatt? Is a Day Trip to Leukerbad a better choice or can I experience the same quality treatment in Zermatt. Interested more in treatment than ambience. Is a round trip to Leukerbad for a Day a reasonable travel consideration?

Steph
Steph
1521 posts
top member &
Feb 4, 2019 - 1:08 PM in reply to Removed user

Dear LadyVal,

Sounds like nice plans you have for your stay in Zermatt and area.

Please find a list of hotels in Zermatt following this link: www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/hotels

The train journey to Leukerbad takes around 2.5 hours and includes changing transportation twice. So it depends on how keen you are on travelling.

Check possible times using the advanced timetable in this link: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The hotels and services are surely comparable in the both places. Overall Leukerbad is much smaller (and quieter?) than Zermatt.

I hope you find an appropriate Hotel for your needs.

Enjoy.

Last modified on Feb 4, 2019 - 1:22 PM by Steph
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 4, 2019 - 8:45 PM in reply to Steph

Stephanie,

Looks like I can get the exact same service at our hotel, The Hotel Schweizerhof. I will contact the Conciergeat our hotel for reservation and appointment times.

Thanks again.

Last modified on Feb 5, 2019 - 6:47 AM by Arno
1960man
1960man
1873 posts
top member
Feb 5, 2019 - 12:53 AM in reply to Removed user

Several of the hotels in Zermatt offer this service, eg Park Hotel Beau Site.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019