Thermal bath and spa: Zermatt and Leukerbad?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2019 at 6:00:36 #819775

I am 70-yrs young and would like to make ad hoc plans to experience stretch, scrub, detoxify, massage and foot reflexology during my 5-Day stay in Zermatt. What is the ideal Thermal Hotel Bath Spa in Zermatt? Is a Day Trip to Leukerbad a better choice or can I experience the same quality treatment in Zermatt. Interested more in treatment than ambience. Is a round trip to Leukerbad for a Day a reasonable travel consideration?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2019 at 13:08:21 #903504

Dear LadyVal,

Sounds like nice plans you have for your stay in Zermatt and area.

Please find a list of hotels in Zermatt following this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/hotels

The train journey to Leukerbad takes around 2.5 hours and includes changing transportation twice. So it depends on how keen you are on travelling.

Check possible times using the advanced timetable in this link: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The hotels and services are surely comparable in the both places. Overall Leukerbad is much smaller (and quieter?) than Zermatt.

I hope you find an appropriate Hotel for your needs.

Enjoy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2019 at 20:45:17 #903505

Stephanie,

Looks like I can get the exact same service at our hotel, The Hotel Schweizerhof. I will contact the Conciergeat our hotel for reservation and appointment times.

Thanks again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2019 at 0:53:51 #903506

Several of the hotels in Zermatt offer this service, eg Park Hotel Beau Site.

• The thread ‘Thermal bath and spa: Zermatt and Leukerbad?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.