Three days in Wengen - time for Golden Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Momofthree
Momofthree
1 post
May 15, 2017 - 2:56 AM

Hello! My family of five will be spending three days in Wengen this July. We have the Eurail flex pass and we are wondering if we can take a partial trip on the golden pass train from Interlaken. We have three teenagers and want to make the most of our time. Which portion of the trip would you recommend? We would want to do this and return to Wengen for the night as we have reservations.

I would also like to know if there are any alpine mountain type slides in this region, or hikes that may take us near some working farms? Thanks so much for any added help you can give me!

Sincerely,

Chris

Lucas
Lucas
9231 posts
expert &
May 15, 2017 - 7:57 AM in reply to Momofthree

Hi Chris and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be about 4 hours each way to do the Golden Pass route - From Wengen you would start the trip in Interlaken Ost. Typically the section heading into Montreux from Zweisimmen is considered the most scenic. You could take regional trains via Spiez and Brig to Montreux (under 3 hours) and return on the longer Golden Pass route - but it is still a long day.

Here is a link to toboggan runs in the Bernese Region which is closest to you in Wengen (you can also search by other regions). I'm not sure myself about working farms in the area but you can find some nearby hikes in the Wengen area here.

Lucas

Last modified on May 15, 2017 - 7:58 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018