Three days in Wengen – time for Golden Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 2:56:37 #811824

Hello! My family of five will be spending three days in Wengen this July. We have the Eurail flex pass and we are wondering if we can take a partial trip on the golden pass train from Interlaken. We have three teenagers and want to make the most of our time. Which portion of the trip would you recommend? We would want to do this and return to Wengen for the night as we have reservations.

I would also like to know if there are any alpine mountain type slides in this region, or hikes that may take us near some working farms? Thanks so much for any added help you can give me!

Sincerely,

Chris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 7:57:38 #863335

Hi Chris and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be about 4 hours each way to do the Golden Pass route – From Wengen you would start the trip in Interlaken Ost. Typically the section heading into Montreux from Zweisimmen is considered the most scenic. You could take regional trains via Spiez and Brig to Montreux (under 3 hours) and return on the longer Golden Pass route – but it is still a long day.

Here is a link to toboggan runs in the Bernese Region which is closest to you in Wengen (you can also search by other regions). I’m not sure myself about working farms in the area but you can find some nearby hikes in the Wengen area here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Three days in Wengen – time for Golden Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.