Ticket and seat reservation Jungfrau trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2016 at 18:05:51 #809822

we are family of 4 which includes one 10 year old kid. we have already purchased swiss travel pass and would be staying in interlaken. we want to travel to jungfraujoch from interlaken while going up via grindelwad and coming down wengen. I need to know at which point will i have to buy train ticket as i heard jungfraujoch journey is only 25% discounted on swiss travel pass. Also do i need seat reservations for any leg of this journey? Does my child also get only 25% discount or is it free for her?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 August 2016 at 6:35:57 #854889

Thanks for your first post here yprad78!

The leg Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch – Wengen is discounted by 25%. The remainder of the trip is free (see the map please). You can buy the ticket in Interlaken. The child travels for free, without a ticket, if you have a Swiss Family Card.

Seat reservations are optional: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/tickets.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Ticket and seat reservation Jungfrau trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.