Swiss Travel Pass tickets for Schilthorn cable car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2019 at 12:49:02 #821904

Hi, I will be travelling around Switzerland in July this year and have received excellent information from this site, thank you so much.

I am planning to go to Schilthorn on Friday 12th July ( hopefully weather will be OK).

I will have the Swiss Travel Pass and will purchase a boarding pass for CHF5 on line in advance for the trip up. Could you please advise me if I need to queue at the ticket office of the cable car in Murren and get a ticket also.

Many thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 May 2019 at 13:58:18 #913592

Hi Crophopper,

Thanks for joining us! Either way, your trip will be free as the Schilthorn is included in the Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

When you arrive it will be clear whether or not you need to get a free ticket to pass through the turnstiles (it will be announced or you can ask the staff). I think you do in this case, but there are also cable cars where you just need to show your pass before boarding and nothing else is needed.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass tickets for Schilthorn cable car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.