Train schedule to Jungfraujoch & snow park in May

Train schedule to Jungfraujoch & snow park in May

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
formoso
formoso
4 posts
Apr 24, 2017 - 3:57 AM

hi we are traveling to Interlaken and staying there for 4 days and we are planning to do Jungfraujch. I checked the earliest train on May 29th and the earliest is 13:oo from Grindelwald. Is there an earlier train that can go up the mountain from Grindelwald? and are there snowboarding schools on top of the mountain for my 9yr old daughter?

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Apr 24, 2017 - 6:31 AM in reply to formoso

Hi Formoso and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, there are many trains before 1pm up to Jungfraujoch. Have you been looking on the Swiss railways timetable? Click here and enter date and destination.

There is the snow park available in May. Click here for more information.

Lucas

formoso
formoso
4 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 1:44 AM in reply to Lucas

thanks for your reply Lucas. Im only spending 7 days in Switzerland and wanted to concentrate on Bernese Oberland sand some surrounding parts. I will be staying at Interlaken. Part of my itinerary is Either do a day trip to Bern and Thun or just go to the Rhine Falls-- you think i can do it all in 1 day?

day 1 Interlaken and surrounding parts

day 2 Murren and Shilthorn

day 3 Jungfraujoch and Hike Kline to Mannlichen

day 4 Grindelwald

day 5 Bern and Thun or Rhine falls

day 6 Lucern/ old town (stay 2 nights)

day 7 Titlis

day 8 Back to Milan

thanks for looking into my concern,

formoso

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:43 AM in reply to formoso

I would choose Bern or Thun over the RheinFalls for sure.

I think I would choose one of the two towns and not try to do both, but it would be possible if you get an early start - you can get a decent experience in Bern in 3 to 4 hours (wander city center, see the bears etc).
Thun is a great town as well and there are lake cruises that may interest you to take up most of a day.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017