Timetable schedule from Interlaken West to Jungfra

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2010 at 7:13:19 #803879

Dear Sir/Madam,

If I would want to start say from 8am from Interlaken Wesdt, how do I plan the transport up and down. I have the Swiss Pass

I understand that I’d be going up via Lauterbrunnen and down via Grindelwald.

What option should I input to http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?

Pls advise and thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 June 2010 at 12:13:38 #831455

Hello hamlet, and welcome to the forum. If you use the SBB timetable, you should fill out ‘Interlaken West’ as your departure station, and ‘Jungfraujoch’ as your arrival station (and the other way around for your trip back to Interlaken). It’s important not to make typographical errors when filling this out, as the system may not be able to recognize the stations in that case. The timetable also allows you to select your preferred departure time. You could fill out ’08:00′ here for 8am.

There are indeed two routes to the Jungfraujoch from Interlaken West: one through Grindelwald and one through Lauterbrunnen/Wengen. Both are absolutely stunning, so it’s a good option to take one route on your way up to the Jungfraujoch and the other when returning, so that you won’t miss out on all the lovely views. If you want the timetable to come up with connections through Grindelwald, fill out Grindelwald in the ‘Via’ box at the URL you mentioned. Fill out Wengen here for all connections through Lauterbrunnen/Wengen.

With your Swiss Pass, the trip will be free between Interlaken West and Wengen/Grindelwald. Between Wengen/Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch a 25% reduction applies. You may have found a price overview already, but in case you haven’t: it can be found on the Jungfrau Railways website.

I hope this helps you out. Good luck on planning your trip!

• The thread ‘Timetable schedule from Interlaken West to Jungfra’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.