Tips on going to Lauberhorn ski race in Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2018 at 7:46:33 #818812

We are staying in Lauterbrunnen and would like some tips on getting the best out of going to watch the Lauberhorn race in Wengen. What is the best time to catch the train from Lauterbrunnen to avoid the main crowds? Where is a good place to view the race that isn’t too busy? Do you need to buy tickets? How difficult is it to walk up from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen? What time do people come back down the mountain? Any other tips on having a fun time there most welcome!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2018 at 7:38:25 #898442

Hi Feathers77 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Sorry to say I haven’t been in Wengen during a world cup ski race so I can’t say much on where to watch it etc. Perhaps another member has and can chime in on those details.

Best to email the local tourist information or a local hotel you are staying at – they may have those kinds of details as well.

Generally, ski races in Switzerland and other alpine countries are quite popular so I would expect some big crowds. There are admission tickets yes. The race website can give you details on that: http://www.lauberhorn.com/en/ home

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    29 October 2018 at 0:36:47 #898443

Hello Feathers77,

I would assume it may be too late to make reservations in Wengen instead of down in Lauterbrunnen. Then all you have to do is walk out of your hotel and you’ll be right there for the race. It may be to late, but it may be worth looking into. Wengen was beautiful last month, I can only imagine its spectacular in the winter for the race. Good luck. Hope all works well for you.

Danielsan

• The thread ‘Tips on going to Lauberhorn ski race in Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.