Toilet facilities

• JohnYorks
    Participant
    117 posts
    21 May 2012 at 5:28:54 #805277

Hi

Sorry to deal with such a mundane subject – but what are toilet facilities like on a day trip by the Jungfrau Railways, taking stops at the major stations on line?

Is there a charge for those facilities provided?

I wonder also about such facilities, other than in restaurants, in the major towns and villages.

On a more upbeat note, are there internet cafés or free wi-fi places anywhere in the Interlaken / Jungfrau Railways area?

Thank you

JohnYorkshire

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    21 May 2012 at 14:51:51 #836153

Hello JohnYorkshire,

Switzerland is a clean country. Toilet facilities at stations in the Jungfrauregion are regularly inspected and cleaned. No complaints as far as I am concerned.
    Sometimes there may be charges for using toilet facilities, but only on the large Swiss railway stations, like Lucerne etc.
    I can’t say anything else about such facilities in major towns and villages.

There are internet cafés or wi-fi places in/near Interlaken. You may find what you’re looking for here:

Kabelfernsehen Boedeli AG InfoShop
    Centralstrasse 3
    3800 Interlaken
    Location in City center of Interlaken.
    Longitude: 7.856
    Latitude: 46.685
    QuickNet offers fast public Internet access on three modern surf-stations or over a wireless network (WLAN).
    WLAN SSID: QuickNet hotspot

and

Internet Cafe
    tel: 0041338220175
    url: http://www.daniels-fun-rental-interlaken.ch
    address: Matten Interlaken, Hauptstrasse 19
    price: 1 hr SFR 6
    email: [email protected]
    hours: 9 am – 10pm
    accessibility: bus no 4 towards Hotel Sonne Matten

Free wi-fi internet access is provided by many hotels in Interlaken.

JohnYorks
    Participant
    117 posts
    21 May 2012 at 18:34:26 #836154

Thanks Wandermann. What I meant was not the quality of the facilities but how widespread they are. I take Switzerland’s famed spotlessness for granted!

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 May 2012 at 4:39:44 #836155

Hi John. Toilets are available at many rail stations, even the smaller ones, at valley and mountain stations of cable cars, in cafés and restaurants, and so on. So you don’t have to worry about that aspect of your trip :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2012 at 21:53:20 #836156

Do all the mountain huts have toilets? If I am hiking from S. Platte to First, for example, are there toilets along the way.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2012 at 10:46:37 #836157

Hello magentaspeaker,

I don’t know about “all” mountain huts, but on your hike from Schynige Platte to First you’ll find Berghaus Männdlenen (open by mid June) and further along the route, if you like to climb just a bit more, Berghotel Faulhorn (open by the end of June). And yes, there are toilets.
    No problems as you are planning to be there in August.

• The thread ‘Toilet facilities’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.