Tour du Mount Blanc early June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2019 at 15:57:40 #821190

Hello family,

I am hiking the TMB in early June(2nd-16th), I have crampons, poles, and will rent an ice pick. I have a foundation using these tools but I am but no means an expert. Is it possible to traverse the passes this time of year? If so, does anyone have any words for the wise?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    24 April 2019 at 19:26:46 #910280

Hello Nelcott, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your post sounds like you plan to do this alone. My word for the wise is: don’t! There should be at least two of you. Besides, I am not sure crampons and an ice pick are necessary. Maybe.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2019 at 19:36:27 #910281

Thank you for responding, @Snowman! How was the snowfall this winter in the alps and are the passes traversable this early in the season? Thanks for the assistance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2019 at 6:41:52 #910282

Hello Nelcott,

Although I am not a pro in Alpinism myself, as a good Swiss I totally support the statement of “never going into the high mountains alone”!

Find the official TMB page with supportive information here:
    http://www.autourdumontblanc. com/en/

Also check these pages for preparation and details on hiking in the mountains:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king

Enjoy your trip.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Tour du Mount Blanc early June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.