Trails on schynge platte

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2012 at 23:53:49 #805308

Hi Forum! I’m wanting to do a shortish [1-2hr] hike on the Schynige Platte. Have discounted the longer hike to First,saw another one,on the Bernese Oberland Sch platte hike[5km,2hrs] Can “someone” tell me more about this one…the map shows it as a circular route,but not a lot of info re how its signed posted and what /where this route leads?
    Are there a few that can be accessed from the arrival station at Sch platte,that are scenic+easy to follow?
    Thanks for your help:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    29 May 2012 at 2:25:00 #836248

Hi mbear,

Do you mean this hike? That’s a real wonderful hike, not too difficult, bit of climbing, etc. The views are great and you will be hiking back to Schynige Platte station, not far from where the hike starts. When you get out of the train, there will be signs. You can do this hike starting to both sides as it is a roundabout hike. We’ve done it more than once, my favourite is: walk to the restaurant, and after having passsed the restaurant you will see signs to “Daube” and “Oberberghorn”. You can’t miss it, the path will lead you up.

If you like flowers: there’s a “Alpengarten” (garden with Alpine flowers), coming from the train to your right, it’s a rather short hike but nice though. So, if you have a little bit time extra…

Hopefully this is what you mean. Have a nice trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2012 at 9:22:28 #836249

Thanks Olga..yes that’s the hike I saw…sounds suitable for my time issue[I am going to also do that day the Lauterbrunnen,Murren,Grimmelwald,Strechelberg,Trummelbach falls,Lauterbrunnen, and I hope to walk some of these stages]

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    29 May 2012 at 10:53:28 #836250

Hi mbear,

In that case, may I advise you to start early. It’s all doable, but the ride up to Schynige Platte will take about 50 minutes and so does the ride down. That plus the hike you want to take at Schynige Platte means half a day.

Have fun! 🙂

• The thread ‘Trails on schynge platte’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.