Train & boat travel in Thun and Lucerne

Train & boat travel in Thun and Lucerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
syedali
syedali
11 posts
Jun 29, 2017 - 12:08 AM

Hi,

I need to ask few tips for Interlaken & Lucerne area.

I am coming from Basel to Interlaken and noticed train stopped at Thun railway station.And boat jetty is next to railway station.

Want to ask can we take a boat trip with hand carry luggage & light weight child stroller?

Also, while traveling to Lucerne train stop at Alpnachstad Station, so going to MT Pilatus can we take the same hand carry luggage and stroller?

Last question I found this timetable for Lake Thun Boat trip: www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-2017.pdf

on page 9 its say boat 15:40 departure from THUN, is this correct time for the month of July?

Regards,

Syed

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1231 posts
top member
Jun 29, 2017 - 5:52 AM in reply to syedali

Hi Syed,

>> I am coming from Basel to Interlaken and noticed train stopped at Thun railway station.And boat jetty is next to railway station. Want to ask can we take a boat trip with hand carry luggage & light weight child stroller?

Yes, that will be fine.

>> Also, while traveling to Lucerne train stop at Alpnachstad Station, so going to MT Pilatus can we take the same hand carry luggage and stroller?

Yes, hand luggage will be OK, and the stroller will be OK if it folds up.

>> Last question I found this timetable for Lake Thun Boat trip

www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-2017.pdf

on page 9 its say boat 15:40 departure from THUN, is this correct time for the month of July?

Yes, it is.

That should be a very nice trip!

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jun 29, 2017 - 5:53 AM by Alpenrose666
syedali
syedali
11 posts
Jun 29, 2017 - 5:57 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Hi Alpenrose,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Just one more question I need to ask from THUN (see) boat only depart at 15:40 and 18:40 in evening? no other times in between?

Thanks,

Syed Hussain

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1231 posts
top member
Jun 29, 2017 - 7:43 AM in reply to syedali

>> Just one more question I need to ask from THUN (see) boat only depart at 15:40 and 18:40 in evening? no other times in between?

That's right.

And the 18:40 only runs Tuesday to Saturday between 13 May and 23 Sep (but not on 1 August). That's what the red squiggly line and the letter "F" means.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017