Train change at Interlaken in only 5 minutes?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Agrawalm 75
Agrawalm 75
7 posts
May 8, 2018 - 5:20 PM

Is 5 min sufficient time to change the trains at interlaken from platform 4 to platform 7 with luggage when traveling in golden pass line

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 8, 2018 - 7:42 PM in reply to Agrawalm 75

Hi Agrawalm,

I don't know how much luggage you have, but you should be able to manage it.

Lucas
Lucas
9621 posts
expert &
May 9, 2018 - 3:40 AM in reply to Agrawalm 75

You can use Google Maps to see a map of the train station when you zoom in (Interlaken Ost). You'll need to walk/run quite quickly but there are plenty of trains going to Zweisimmen if you miss it. Use the timetable to see the schedules between the two towns.

Agrawalm 75
Agrawalm 75
7 posts
May 9, 2018 - 5:36 AM

Thanks Chantal and Lucas. Also I am traveling from Zurich to Paris on 24/5. When I am trying to book the train tickets, it shows train strike in France on that date, so will all the trains will be cancelled or partially some trains might be working, any insight will help me.

Lucas
Lucas
9621 posts
expert &
May 9, 2018 - 2:28 PM in reply to Agrawalm 75

Is the website allowing you to buy tickets on a strike day?

I would avoid trying to take any train in France on a strike day.

Agrawalm 75
Agrawalm 75
7 posts
May 9, 2018 - 3:04 PM

Thanks Lucas what are my options as flight tickets both from Geneva and Zurich are very costly. We are 5 person is there any option by road.

Lucas
Lucas
9621 posts
expert &
May 9, 2018 - 3:24 PM in reply to Agrawalm 75

You can try Flixbus- they are probably very busy due to the strike so if you find tickets to buy I would buy them right away.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018