train from Domodossola Italy to Interlaken Swizter

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
kschimmel
kschimmel
2 posts
Jun 19, 2014 - 3:56 PM

We have purchased a Swiss Saver Pass (2nd class) and now trying to make a reservation on the train from Domodossola Italy to Interlaken Switzerland on Sunday 6 July. Everytime I try on RailEuro - I just get a message that it cannot find trains at this time. How do we go about finding the train? Do I need a reservation? Can I make a reservation without paying for the seat? Is any part of this trip covered with the Swiss Saver Pass? Thank you so much for any help you can give. Kimberly :)

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
678 posts
top member
Jun 19, 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hello Kimberley

I have searched out for you trains from Domodossola to Interlaken on the SBB website. There are 2 options for this trip - the quick route through the base tunnel or the slower more scenic route on the Lotschberger regional train. Both examples I have given you are hourly services. You do not need to make a reservation and the trip is covered by your Swiss Pass.

option 1

You take the EuroCity from Domodossola (I) towards Genève to Brig.
Your journey starts at Domodossola (I) at 09:48, you arrive at Brig is on track 1 at 10:16.
Please note: Restaurant
Your journey continues by InterCity from Brig departing track 3 towards Romanshorn to Spiez.
Your journey starts at Brig at 10:49, you arrive at Spiez is on track 4/5 at 11:24.
Your journey continues by InterCity from Spiez departing track 2/3 towards Interlaken Ost to Interlaken Ost.
Your journey starts at Spiez at 11:33, you arrive at Interlaken Ost is on track 5 at 11:57.
Summary
The total journey time is: 2:14 This connection runs daily. The number of changes is: 2

option 2

You take the EuroCity from Domodossola (I) towards Genève to Brig
Your journey starts at Domodossola (I) at 09:48, you arrive at Brig is on track 1 at 10:16.
Your journey continues by RegioExpress LÖTSCHBERGER from Brig departing tack 9 towards Bern to Spiez.
Your journey starts at Brig at 10:36, you arrive at Spiez is on track 4/5CD at 11:44.
Your journey continues by Regio from Spiez departing track 2/3 towards Interlaken Ost to Interlaken Ost.
Your journey starts at Spiez at 12:05, you arrive at Interlaken Ost is on track 7/8 at 12:28.

Summary
The total journey time is: 2:45 This connection runs daily. The number of changes is: 2

enjoy your trip

Maggie

Last modified on Jun 19, 2014 - 11:14 PM by maggiehorswell
kschimmel
kschimmel
2 posts
Jun 20, 2014 - 11:57 AM in reply to maggiehorswell

Thank you so much for this information - we would have never know this. You are really helpful.

Thank you again

Kimberly :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019