Train from Jungfraujoch to Lauterbrunnen

Train from Jungfraujoch to Lauterbrunnen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
daifei888
daifei888
37 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 2:04 PM

Hi all,

I am going up to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald (Grindelwald -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Jungfraujoch).

But for the return trip, I want to choose a different route : Jungfraujoch -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Lauterbrunnen.

It seems to me that there is a 4-minute break at Wengen station, before the train continues to Wengwald and finally to Lauterbrunnen.

My question: do I need to change to another train at Wengen, or I just stay in the same train (the train stops for 4 minutes and then move on to Wengwald and finally to Lauterbrunnen?

I have seen others mentioned that they used the Swiss Travel Pass to purchase the 25% discount ticket from Jungfraujoch -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Wengen (not to Lauterbrunnen) because from Wengen onwards, it is totally free of charge with the use of the Swiss Travel Pass. But SBB seems to tell me that I do not have to change train, the same train will continue to Lauterbrunnen.

In short, if I am using my Swiss Travel Pass for the Wengen to Lauterbrunnen trip, do I need to change train at Wengen?

Thanks all in advance,

daifei888

rockoyster
rockoyster
3750 posts
expert
Jun 22, 2018 - 9:56 PM in reply to daifei888

You need to buy a 25% discounted ticket Grindelwald - Jungfraujoch - Wengen. On the way down you will change trains at Kleine Scheidegg but not at Wengen. Your STP comes into play at Wengen.

daifei888
daifei888
37 posts
Jun 23, 2018 - 8:53 AM

Hi rockoyster,

thanks for your reply!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018