Train from Jungfraujoch to Lauterbrunnen

• daifei888
    Participant
    41 posts
    22 June 2018 at 14:04:28 #816821

Hi all,

I am going up to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald (Grindelwald -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Jungfraujoch).

But for the return trip, I want to choose a different route : Jungfraujoch -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Lauterbrunnen.

It seems to me that there is a 4-minute break at Wengen station, before the train continues to Wengwald and finally to Lauterbrunnen.

My question: do I need to change to another train at Wengen, or I just stay in the same train (the train stops for 4 minutes and then move on to Wengwald and finally to Lauterbrunnen?

I have seen others mentioned that they used the Swiss Travel Pass to purchase the 25% discount ticket from Jungfraujoch -> Kleine Scheidegg -> Wengen (not to Lauterbrunnen) because from Wengen onwards, it is totally free of charge with the use of the Swiss Travel Pass. But SBB seems to tell me that I do not have to change train, the same train will continue to Lauterbrunnen.

In short, if I am using my Swiss Travel Pass for the Wengen to Lauterbrunnen trip, do I need to change train at Wengen?

Thanks all in advance,

daifei888

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 June 2018 at 21:56:30 #889099

You need to buy a 25% discounted ticket Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch – Wengen. On the way down you will change trains at Kleine Scheidegg but not at Wengen. Your STP comes into play at Wengen.

daifei888
    Participant
    41 posts
    23 June 2018 at 8:53:51 #889100

Hi rockoyster,

thanks for your reply!

• The thread ‘Train from Jungfraujoch to Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.