Is train from Lucerne or Zurich to Chur scenic?

Is train from Lucerne or Zurich to Chur scenic?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Stormy
Stormy
5 posts
Sep 6, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hello, can you tell me if the route from Lucerne to Chur is more scenic than the route from Zurich to Chur? Having trouble deciding whether to go to Rhine falls, Schaffhausen, Stein am Rhine OR go to Lucerne for the day. Either way, we need to end up in Chur. Thanks for any help. Travelling there next week. This is a last minute idea.

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2017 - 2:53 PM

Hi Stormy,

When heading from Lucerne to Chur some connections will have you travel via Zurich. The leg Lucerne-Zurich is pleasant but not spectacular, but the views certainly become scenic as you draw closer to Chur. There's another slightly shorter route via Thalwil. A large part of it is the same as the route via Zurich, so I would say it doesn't make much of a difference scenery wise. The timetable provides all options.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3908 posts
expert
Sep 7, 2017 - 5:11 AM in reply to Stormy

Hi Stormy,

As I understand it you will be starting from Zurich. So if you want scenic you could always go via Luzern and pick up the Glacier Express Route. See attached although this may have a few too many changes and take longer than you might prefer.

Last modified on Sep 7, 2017 - 5:12 AM by rockoyster
Please login to see the attached documents
Stormy
Stormy
5 posts
Sep 7, 2017 - 5:15 AM

Thanks for your help. I think we will stick with leaving from Zurich and travelling to Chur.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018