Train Zurich airport to Zurich central station

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 20:53:22 #880097

In Zurich they are either plain clothes and start checking once the tram is between stops (but this is very rare) or there are about 12 of them in bright ZVV vests waiting for you at the bus/tram stop. 6 get on the bus or tram (which waits there while they check you). The other 6 grab everyone coming off the bus/tram at the stop. Then after the check the tram or bus continues on.

Again I’ve seen them maybe 6 times in 2.5 years. I did find out some time ago that tickets bought on the app are not valid for 2 minutes after purchase – to prevent people from buying a ticket as soon as they see the ZVV guys at the tram stop as they approach.

I got on a bus and bought a ticket at the stop before they checked us and they said the ticket was not valid (I should have bought the ticket on my phone a few minutes before getting on the bus apparently). I only bought it once I boarded the bus itself which was only 1 minute before the check. Cost me 90chf as they don’t accept any excuses for not having a valid ticket.

Same with speeding tickets. My wife’s co-worker got a 60chf fine for going 1km/h over the limit….Strict people these Swiss. Suffice it to say I have not been impressed with these practices but at least they very rarely seem to check!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2018 at 23:25:24 #880098

Hi Lucas,

That’s harsh! I wonder if bit.ly/2pRoluT will help with avoiding the inspectors ire?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 6:11:26 #880099

Interesting! I suppose they would have to be ok with that in Zurich then. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘Train Zurich airport to Zurich central station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.