Train ride through Eiger to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2011 at 0:01:13 #804423

Hi

I’m reading about the train ride through the Eiger to the Jungfraujoch and wondering if anyone has done this trip. It mentions two five minute stops halfway up the North Face. Do you know if you can get off at these stops and stay here until the next train arrives? Are you able to walk around here comfortably or do you need to wait until you get to the top of the Jungfraujoch?

Thanks in advance

Anna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 June 2011 at 5:41:21 #833265

Hello Anna,

The train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch stops at least once (Eismeer) and as far as I know you will be able to get off the train and wonder about. It’s short stops though, and I’m pretty sure you’re expected to take the same train and not wait for the next one. The real wonderful view is at Jungfraujoch itself – I have done this trip more than once but I don’t remember anything special about the stop(s) halfway. Getting out, look around, getting in again, it’s something like that. Besides: I don’t think you will want to wait for the next train, as these trains are mostly full.

But it will be worth your while though to get up there and look around! It’s really special!

Wishing you a nice trip,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2011 at 18:57:02 #833266

The train does make two stops in the mountain. I (and everyone else) got off at the firststop to try and get some pictures, but by the time I got to the window, it was horribly fogged.. Oh well, But to be honest, the spectacular views came at the top.. Those will be with me for life.. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you made out…:-)

Dave

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2011 at 14:31:39 #833267

Thanks for your replies.

• The thread ‘Train ride through Eiger to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.