Finding a cheap way to get to Jungfraujoch

Finding a cheap way to get to Jungfraujoch

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
SianConnolly
SianConnolly
1 post
Jul 25, 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hi, traveling to Switzerland next week for 3 nights on the way to Italy. We will have 2 full days and would like to get the train to the top.

What is the cheapest way of doing this? We are 2 adults and children aged 14, 12 and 11.

Will we need to book in advance? If so, how?

I feel like I should have sorted this ages ago, all help gratefully received!

Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
3365 posts
expert &
Jul 25, 2017 - 3:38 PM in reply to SianConnolly

Hi SianConnolly and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no cheap way of going up to the Jungfraujoch unfortunately. Sometimes rail passes can be worth the cost (they cover a portion of the trip up from 25% to 50% of the ticket cost). But if this is the only trip you are planning on taking (bus, boat, train, cable car) it would not probably be worth it to buy any pass.

You can pre-book the trip up to Jungfraujoch here, (you don't have to, but it can have long lines) but don't do so until closer to the day you are going so you can be relatively sure the weather looks good. The link above talks about a Good Morning ticket which is your best bet I believe.

Lucas

Last modified on Jul 25, 2017 - 3:38 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017