Finding a cheap way to get to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2017 at 10:38:59 #812736

Hi, traveling to Switzerland next week for 3 nights on the way to Italy. We will have 2 full days and would like to get the train to the top.

What is the cheapest way of doing this? We are 2 adults and children aged 14, 12 and 11.

Will we need to book in advance? If so, how?

I feel like I should have sorted this ages ago, all help gratefully received!

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2017 at 15:38:15 #867358

Hi SianConnolly and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no cheap way of going up to the Jungfraujoch unfortunately. Sometimes rail passes can be worth the cost (they cover a portion of the trip up from 25% to 50% of the ticket cost). But if this is the only trip you are planning on taking (bus, boat, train, cable car) it would not probably be worth it to buy any pass.

You can pre-book the trip up to Jungfraujoch here, (you don’t have to, but it can have long lines) but don’t do so until closer to the day you are going so you can be relatively sure the weather looks good. The link above talks about a Good Morning ticket which is your best bet I believe.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Finding a cheap way to get to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.