Train travel / Reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2012 at 7:46:45 #805299

Hi There.

1. We are leaving traveling to Switzerland from South Africa on June 8, 2012. How long will a trip by train take us from traveling from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen?

2. We have the Swiss Saver Pass : a) Do we need to make a reservation to travel to Jungfrau?
    b) How much will it cost for 2 persons with the Swiss Saver Pass to go up to Jungfrau
    by train?

3. If we want to make reservations for train traveling, where can we make it? Only by the train station or by an travel agent in Switzerland? And how long in advance must we make the reservation.

Hope you can help us ..

regards
    Annamarie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 May 2012 at 10:38:44 #836221

Hello Annamarie,

1. A trip from Zürich tot Lauterbrunnen will take you about two hours and 25 minutes. You can check for yourself with the Swiss Timetable.

2a. No, it will not be necessary to make reservations to travel to Jungfrau.
    2b. There’s an overview of the network on which your Swiss Saver Pass is valid on the swiss pass page, where you can see how much discount you will have with your Swiss Saver Pass.

3. Normally spoken reservations are not necessary, except for special trains. You can also find information about these trains at the swiss pass page I mentioned. If you want to travel with one of these special trains, I would make the reservations as early as possible. On the same page you will find information about how to purchase reservations.

I hope this helps!

Wishing you a nice trip,

• The thread ‘Train travel / Reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.