Train Zurich – Milano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2013 at 8:10:29 #806016

Hey,

For over a week now I have been trying to buy a one way ticket from Zurich to Milano on June 18th. This ticket is a special offer.
    Everytime I insert my card information and complete the purchase, I get a message saying there was an error and the purchase could not be completed.

Does anyone know what might be going on? I already tried using my Mastercard Prepaid card from Brazil and my friend’s card from a portuguese bank. Can the problem be that they only accept cards from Switzerland? (I know some websites that wont take cards from other european countries).

A friend also told me she got a ticket once that was only available for purchase from 14 days of the departure, but the rules for the special offers say these tickets will be available from 120 TO 14 days from departure.

I have already tried this purchase over 10 times and really don’t know what else to do! The ticket is very cheap (27CHF) and I really don’t wanna lose this price!

Can someone please help me out??

Thank you so much!

Karina

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 May 2013 at 10:29:42 #838761

Hi Karina,

Which special offer are you referring to and where are you trying to purchase? I have heard about payment problems with Supersaver tickets via the SBB, but those problems should have been solved by now. Foreign cards should be accepted too. Please note that these tickets are valid for one specific train only and there’s no refund nor an option to change the ticket. They’re only available from 14 days before the travel date, so you can’t buy it yet for the trip you have planned. If you are indeed having problems with the SBB website you’d best contact them directly.

Since you live in Brazil, tickets can also be purchased here. As far as I can see, prices for Zurich to Milano start at about BRL 92 (CHF 43).

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2013 at 9:57:42 #838762

Hey!

I don’t really know that special offer it is..It just says ‘special offer’. I am trying to purchase it on the sbb.ch website.

Well, since they are only available from 14 days of the trip, I guess that is the problem!

Anyway, I emailed them and will wain for an answer.. I’m living in Portugal right now, so thats why I prefer to pay for the tickets in Euro

Thank you very much for your help!

Karina

• The thread ‘Train Zurich – Milano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.