Trains from Basel to Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2013 at 12:44:38 #806139

I have reservations for a late September train trip from Paris to Basel, arriving in Basel before noon. I plan to continue on to Lauterbrunnen (via Interlaken) immediately after arrival in Basel. Is is advisable to reserve tickets for that portion of the trip, or can they easily be purchased upon arrival? I want to get the earliest departure possible for Lauterbrunnen to arrive in the late afternoon.

I also purchased tickets from Lauterbrunnen to Milan for the final portion of our trip, and the tickets have to be picked up at a station in Switzerland. Should I obtain them in Basel, or wait until Lauterbrunnen?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    14 August 2013 at 11:21:30 #839152

>Is is advisable to reserve tickets for that portion of the trip, or can they easily be purchased upon arrival?<

Very easy to purchase upon arrival in Basel. Ticket price is the same whether on line or in person day of travel. And it is not possible to make a seat reservation on that journey.

You can see all schedules at http://www.sbb.ch.

>Should I obtain them in Basel, or wait until Lauterbrunnen?<

Either, but if you are at the ticket counter in Basel buying your tickets to Lauterbrunnen you might as well pick up your Milan tickets there.

• The thread ‘Trains from Basel to Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.