Trains from Zurich HB to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2013 at 2:14:31 #806161

Hi,

I have a swiss pass and wish to travel on a day trip from Zurich HB to see the Jungfraujoch. I noticed from
    the SBB site that there are about 4 changes of train along the way. Is that right. Will I be able to make it back in the evening if I start off from Zurich at 6.30am.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2013 at 7:14:43 #839215

Hi Mel99,
    It is possible to take that trip in one day – it takes just about 4 hrs 20 mins. The 6.32 involves 5 changes and one of the trains is a particularly busy one. Looking at the options I would advise taking the 7.02 from Zurich which gets you to Jungfraujoch at 1122. You would change trains in Bern, Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg. If you look at the timetable it gives you details about platform changes so it is easy to do. You can return at 16.40 (come back via Grindelwald for different scenery – put Grindelwald as your via station in the timetable query to get the details) and arrive back in Zurich at 20.58 that evening.) Your Swiss Pass covers the journey as far as Wengen on outward trip and from Grindelwald on return trip – it gives 25% discount on rest of trip. Check weather forecast before you go as it is a long trip to make if the mountains are shrouded in cloud and you can’t see anything when you get there!
    Enjoy!
    Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2013 at 9:58:27 #839216

Thanks very much for the clear reply and your suggestions on the train trip.

• The thread ‘Trains from Zurich HB to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.