Transfer to Grindelwald from Zurich airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 20:33:06 #813226

Four of us will be going from the Zurich airport to Grindelwald next month. I think it would easier to get a taxi/shuttle rather than a train since we’ll be arriving a little late. With four of us the cost isn’t much more. Does this sound smart? Swiss-Taxi is one possibility. Others are Kiwi Taxi and “Best Airport Transfers.” Know any others? Or if these are OK? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2017 at 0:33:24 #869669

Hi mtallen1033,

We have a couple of operators we refer to for transport to Zurich airport noted on our Zurich airport page here.

I’ve never entertained the idea of a taxi or car service for that kind of distance before. But if you have calculated the costs and it isn’t much more compared to the train than I don’t see why it would be a bad idea.

My only thought is that if you are planning to buy a Swiss rail pass of some sort for traveling around Grindelwald and other area of Switzerland, it would make more sense to then use that pass to travel by train to Grindelwald.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 21:43:49 #869670

Thanks, Lucas. We won’t be getting a rail pass. The price quote from Swiss-Taxi is $430. The train ticket is $101 each. So for a little more (plus tip) we get picked up at the airport and driven straight to our B&B. And we aren’t getting in until the afternoon so the faster the better. It makes sense to me. Hopefully, it will go smoothly.

Mike

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2017 at 22:57:13 #869671

Yup, that should work out for you then. Almost everyone coming to Switzerland buys a rail pass so that’s why I mentioned it. 🙂 But if you don’t have many trips planned by train, bus or cable car etc. you could be better off without one.

Don’t worry too much about a tip – it isn’t expected / done in Switzerland except for a few dollars here and there (most people round up for example).

• The thread ‘Transfer to Grindelwald from Zurich airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.