Swiss Transfer Ticket – route option to Livigno?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2018 at 12:29:37 #814474

Hi!

Does Swiss Transfer Ticket cover all the routes from Zurich to Livigno?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2018 at 14:07:52 #877025

Hi t2pikee and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket covers only the most direct routes to your destination (as indicated on the Swiss railways timetable as it always gives you the direct route by default). This trip is 3.5 to 4 hours long.

In your case it would cover you to the Italian border only. The last train station is Zernez and the last bus stop is Punt la Drossa p4.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2018 at 14:22:38 #877026

See below. This is the answer given by one of your moderators to a similar question. According to that the whole trip to Livigno is covered by swiss transfer ticket. I have also found other forums where people claim that. I am very confused now , have the rules changed or is it wrong information?

Jan 26, 2017 – 2:10 PM in reply to Marianne06

Hi Marianne. Thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

If this is the only Swiss journey you plan to make, you’re best off getting regular train and bus tickets. The timetableprovides all details for your journey. First you need to catch a train to Zernez. You can arrange for these train tickets online beforehand or buy them at the railway station of Zurich Airport.

Next, there’s the bus from Zernez (close to the border but still in Switzerland) to Livigno in Italy. Seat reservations or pre-purchased tickets aren’t necessary, you can just buy tickets from the bus driver or at the Zernez station.

Note that if you also need to return from Livigno to Zurich Airport, a Swiss Transfer Ticket will be cheaper than regular full-fare tickets. It’s easier as well, as it covers the entire route without the need of any further tickets.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2018 at 17:08:20 #877027

Ah good catch! You’ll see on the PDF map on our S wiss Transfer Ticket page that it is indeed valid on that bus route. 🙂 My mistake! That’s what I get for not triple checking that PDF map for the odd exception to the rule. There are a few exceptions with Swiss rail passes and their coverage in other countries – typically it is only valid within Switzerland.

The PDF tells no lies. 🙂

Happy travels.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket – route option to Livigno?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.