Transit Hotel in Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2016 at 14:09:51 #809752

Hi All, is anybody familiar with Transit Hotel inside one of Zurich’s Airport terminals. They have an option to rent room for 3 hours. We wanted to catch a nap after arriving from U.S, but after contacting them, I was told we would have collect luggage at lost and found upon exit afterwards since the hotel is inside before customs. Is there any other way to deal with luggage?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 July 2016 at 15:56:54 #854547

Good idea to catch a nap. I catch mine on a train, or else at my favorite hotel in downtown Zürich which almost always has an early room for me.

Getting luggage from lost and found might not be much of a problem, and I’m sure that L&F has developed a routine for such luggage.

The L&F for Terrminal 2, which is where most US flights arrive, is in the arrivals luggage hall, directly across from the carousels.

http://www.zurich-airport.com/passengers -and-visitors/airport-services-en/company-directory?id=7178

They probably pull the luggage off the carousel after a set period of time, and take it the few meters to the L&F.

That is a conventional arrangement at many airports, but sometimes they call it “Luggage Service” office.

I’d not expect a problem, if you keep your luggage tag/receipt to show them.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Transit Hotel in Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.