Travel by train for 2 weeks. Which train ticket?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2016 at 3:50:04 #808911

My family of 5 is taking a 2 week trip to Switzerland and surrounding countries. What is the best train ticket to purchase? We will fly into Zurich, then train travel to Luzern, Murren, then Lake Como. From Lake Como to Salzburg, Munich then back to Zurich.

My questiin:what is the best train pass to purchase? Where is the closest train station at Lake Como? Also interested in taking s sleeper train from Lake Ccomo to Salzburg

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 April 2016 at 5:42:28 #850784

Hi Risamoore, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You first need a detailed itinerary, including day trips by cable car, train, boat, etc. Once you have that you can start looking into the passes and do some calculations:

Lake Como is in Italy and I don’t know a lot about it. It’s a large lake. You will first need to know where you plan to stay before looking into nearby train station. The Como S. Giovanni station is a few hundred meters from the lake, but there are other options too.

For train schedules, please check the timetable.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Travel by train for 2 weeks. Which train ticket?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.