About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Travel documents for Italy on Bernina Express
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Travel documents for Italy on Bernina Express

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Explorer21
Explorer21
13 posts
Jul 7, 2022 - 3:19 AM

I keep reading that I need "travel documents" traveling the Bernina Express in to Tirano(Italy). Are there additional papers I need to fill out and carry or is a US passport sufficient?

Also, to rent a car is a US drivers license enough or do I need to apply for other permits?

Ildiko
Ildiko
2472 posts
top member &
Jul 7, 2022 - 8:55 AM in reply to Explorer21

Hi Explorer21,

at the moment, you do not need any special for the Bernina Express, only what you need to enter Switzerland. Make sure to check the Covid entry rules to Italy before your trip. The Covid entry rules to Switzerland can be found here, in the first post: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

If you would like to rent a car in Switzerland, you need an official driving licence in English (or French or German or Italien language). For the detailed rules please visit: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Read more about renting a car in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/car/carrental.

Ildiko

1960man
1960man
4308 posts
expert
Jul 7, 2022 - 4:20 PM in reply to Explorer21

'Check your travel documents' simply refers to the fact that the last few metres of the Bernina Railway is in Italy, so you have crossed a frontier.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about us

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022