Travel from Airport to Interlaken & Swisspass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2013 at 6:32:42 #806072

I will be travelling with my wife and 2 Kids to Switzerland in August . I will reach there on 25 August at 3.30 p.m. and return on 29 August at 8 p.m. If I buy a Swiss pass for 4 days, how the days are calculated ? is it calculate based on 24 hrs from the time or activation or is it based on the date ? if this will expire based on the date of activation, what I have to do for the last day ?
    Can I use Swiss Pass for travel from Airport to Interlaken or Do I need to buy separate ticket ?

Kumar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 June 2013 at 11:03:00 #838950

Hi kumar. The Swiss Pass validity period is measured in dates, not in 24 hour periods. If you don’t plan too long and expensive trips on August 29, you could buy regular full-priced tickets this day. With a valid pass, the trip from the airport (I assume Basel or Zurich Airport?) to Interlaken is for free. Please review the Swiss Pass page and download the validity map there for all details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2013 at 6:51:40 #838951

Thanks for the reply.
    Is it worth visiting Mount Pilatus as I have already planned for Jungfrau ? How much time required for Mount Pialtus ? I have only one evening + one full day in Lucerne.

Kumar

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 June 2013 at 1:16:12 #838952

Hi Kumar,

Both trips are different. It’s worth it, but only if the weather is clear. If you happen to have one day of clear weather then just visit one of the summits. A visit to the Pilatus would take about half a day.

• The thread ‘Travel from Airport to Interlaken & Swisspass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.