Traveling Paris to Interlaken – changing trains?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 16:40:19 #816729

I am traveling to Interlaken tomorrow from Paris

Please guide me as to whether I have to change the station at Basel to travel to interlaken How far iis it

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 17:40:07 #888702

Hi Ratnapedneca,

What train have you bought tickets for? You’ll change trains in Basel yes, and possible elsewhere in France or Switzerland. It depends on the ticket(s) you bought.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 6:18:29 #888703

The train is TGVlyria Paris Gare lyon to Basel SBB

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 6:34:53 #888704

The train departure time is the important information. Sometimes the TGV has a change in Mulhouse or Strasbourg, sometimes direct. For example, the 09:25 today has a change in Strasbourg. The 10:15 is direct.

You can search for your connection here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable
    But once you are on the train staff can tell you if there are any connections needed or if it is a direct train to Basel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 23:24:48 #888705

Lucas, your reply is misleading. If a TGV leaves from Gare de Lyon it will always be a direct Basel service via Dijon – Belfort

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 5:40:39 #888706

Good catch! Thanks.
    I mis-read the TGV vs ICE when looking at the Strasbourg connection option. TGV is always direct to Basel.

In any case the timetable link I posted will give the correct details.

I must admit when I travel I choose the train departure time I want and don’t worry about the train type.

• The thread ‘Traveling Paris to Interlaken – changing trains?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.