Travelling Switzerland for the 1st time ever

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2011 at 12:38:23 #804403

Hello
    Me and my boy friend have decided to go for a 4 days,3 nights trip to Switzerland in mid August. We would be travelling from Rome to geneva and plan to go to Mt. Titlis and the rides associated with it, Lucerne and Jungfraujoch and ofcourse the Ice Palace. If time permits we plan to take the Glacier Express. Can anyone kindly guide me on how to start our journey from Geneva and visit all the above mentioned tourist hotspots in the most economical and time saving manner? We have our flight back from Geneva. Hope to hear a well designed trip plan in reply . 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 June 2011 at 12:14:09 #833198

Hi rusha! You could travel from Geneva to Chur via Andermatt the first day (depending on how much time you have left after arriving at Geneva), thus covering a part of the Glacier Express route. Covering the entire route would be a bit too much I guess, considering your other travel plans. Next day, you can travel onto Lucerne and maybe visit Titlis, then get onto Interlaken and the Jungfraujoch, and travel back from Interlaken to Geneva via the Golden Pass route (crossing Zweisimmen and Gstaad) on the last day – again, depending on how late your flight from Geneva leaves. It’s quite a full travel scheme, but it can be done. A 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be an ideal solution for your stay in Switzerland. The timetable will help you compose your exact itinerary.

Best regards,

• The thread ‘Travelling Switzerland for the 1st time ever’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.