Trekking Pole Rental?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2010 at 2:51:28 #803902

We will be spending a week in Brig and a week in Lauterbrunnen hiking the beautiful mountain trails. Can we rent trekking poles in these areas (rather than purchase and ship from the U.S.)?

Danke!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    11 July 2010 at 7:41:24 #831520

Hello jooch,

To tell you the truth: I have been spending quite some time searching and googling, and I’m so sorry I can’t give you specific information.

It will probably be best for you to send an e-mail to the Brig Tourist Office and the LauterbrunnenTourist Office. You will find the e-mail possibilities on the websites.
    I’m quite sure they will be able to help you.

This was the best I could do… I’m pretty sure that renting is possible. I really hope it will work out for you. I hope you will let me/us know if you have been able to gather the right info.

Lots of success and have fun in Switzerland!

Olga

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2010 at 8:37:52 #831521

Thank you for your efforts Olga! This forum and all the mods do a great job answering all the questions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    11 July 2010 at 8:40:20 #831522

Hi jooch,

The tourist offices can certainly help you out. Also, you can search for addresses of Intersport rental shops. They have shops in both Brig and Lauterbrunnen, but I’m not sure what equipment they have available.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2010 at 14:14:44 #831523

Thanks Arno, I’ll look them up when we arrive.

• The thread ‘Trekking Pole Rental?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.