Trip report 3 weeks of Switzerland summer 2021

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wrnjcl1997
    Participant
    1 post
    19 September 2021 at 7:20:40 #936186

Great trip. Hope you had a chance to also visit Grindelwald, a very lovely village in the area of Lauterbrunnen valley.

LOVE Switzerland!

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 September 2021 at 9:34:14 #936187

Hi Wrnjcl1997, welcome to MySwissAlps and thank you for sharing your beautiful picture! Grindelwald is wonderful indeed. Do you have any plans for a return trip?

LetsTravel
    Participant
    1 post
    19 September 2021 at 16:55:10 #936188

Loved your post!! My husband and I took our daughters to Switzerland as a graduation gift a few years back. Reading your post brought back all the wonderful memories we made in such a fabulous country!! Unfortunately, we were in Switzerland for just a week (went to Croatia after) but enough to give us a taste of a place that we will definitely go back to for a longer period of time!! We also stayed in Wengen and spent our days visiting the same locations you did. I too, cannot say enough about how much we LOVED that town!!!! We stayed downtown in a family owned hotel where we would open up our balcony doors in the morning and hear the cowbells ringing. The views looked down into the Lauterbrunnen Valley (provided the clouds weren’t covering the valley)…so beautiful!! Thanks again for sharing!!!

Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    19 September 2021 at 20:39:45 #936189

Yes we did visit Grindelwald too, I guess I forgot to add that in, thanks. I actually stayed there a couple nights back in 1997 before a big hiking trip into the mountains. I still use the backpack I bought there!

Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    19 September 2021 at 20:42:19 #936190

LetsTravel, Thank you for sharing. It’s great to have these memories with our daughters. I could easily go back and spend a whole summer in Wengen. Croatia is on our bucket list!

H_simon1607
    Participant
    1 post
    19 September 2021 at 20:56:22 #936191

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone about your wonderful trip . My wife and I were going to Switzerland last year but COVID ! We are now planning for 2022 and your tips are a great help .

Harry

Xpresso
    Participant
    93 posts
    19 September 2021 at 21:02:27 #936192

Happy to help, Harry. I spent hundreds of hours in 2019 at my kids’ swim team practices on my laptop researching the best route to take, watching the prices of hotels and airlines waiting for it to drop, transportation options… and then another hundreds of hours the next year when our trip also got delayed in 2020 due to Covid. So I figured I pass that info along to someone who doesn’t have hundreds of hours to kill at swim team practices:)

BTW For any Instagram and dog fans out there, my daughters made a page for our dog on the trip called #Teddietravels . You can see more photos of where we went on there!

Anna
    6382 posts
    20 September 2021 at 11:37:38 #936193

Aww Teddie is so cute. And lucky! Love all the shots especially the one with the Gornergrat in the background 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Anna

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The thread ‘Trip report 3 weeks of Switzerland summer 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.