About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Trip report 3 weeks of Switzerland summer 2021
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Trip report 3 weeks of Switzerland summer 2021

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Wrnjcl1997
Wrnjcl1997
1 post
Sep 19, 2021 - 7:20 AM in reply to Xpresso

Great trip. Hope you had a chance to also visit Grindelwald, a very lovely village in the area of Lauterbrunnen valley.

LOVE Switzerland!

Attachments
Annika
Annika
7118 posts
expert &
Sep 19, 2021 - 9:34 AM in reply to Wrnjcl1997

Hi Wrnjcl1997, welcome to MySwissAlps and thank you for sharing your beautiful picture! Grindelwald is wonderful indeed. Do you have any plans for a return trip?

LetsTravel
LetsTravel
1 post
Sep 19, 2021 - 4:55 PM in reply to Xpresso

Loved your post!! My husband and I took our daughters to Switzerland as a graduation gift a few years back. Reading your post brought back all the wonderful memories we made in such a fabulous country!! Unfortunately, we were in Switzerland for just a week (went to Croatia after) but enough to give us a taste of a place that we will definitely go back to for a longer period of time!! We also stayed in Wengen and spent our days visiting the same locations you did. I too, cannot say enough about how much we LOVED that town!!!! We stayed downtown in a family owned hotel where we would open up our balcony doors in the morning and hear the cowbells ringing. The views looked down into the Lauterbrunnen Valley (provided the clouds weren't covering the valley)...so beautiful!! Thanks again for sharing!!!

Xpresso
Xpresso
93 posts
Sep 19, 2021 - 8:39 PM in reply to Wrnjcl1997

Yes we did visit Grindelwald too, I guess I forgot to add that in, thanks. I actually stayed there a couple nights back in 1997 before a big hiking trip into the mountains. I still use the backpack I bought there!

Xpresso
Xpresso
93 posts
Sep 19, 2021 - 8:42 PM in reply to LetsTravel

LetsTravel, Thank you for sharing. It’s great to have these memories with our daughters. I could easily go back and spend a whole summer in Wengen. Croatia is on our bucket list!

H simon1607
H simon1607
1 post
Sep 19, 2021 - 8:56 PM in reply to Xpresso

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone about your wonderful trip . My wife and I were going to Switzerland last year but COVID ! We are now planning for 2022 and your tips are a great help .

Harry

Xpresso
Xpresso
93 posts
Sep 19, 2021 - 9:02 PM in reply to H simon1607

Happy to help, Harry. I spent hundreds of hours in 2019 at my kids’ swim team practices on my laptop researching the best route to take, watching the prices of hotels and airlines waiting for it to drop, transportation options… and then another hundreds of hours the next year when our trip also got delayed in 2020 due to Covid. So I figured I pass that info along to someone who doesn’t have hundreds of hours to kill at swim team practices:)

BTW For any Instagram and dog fans out there, my daughters made a page for our dog on the trip called #Teddietravels . You can see more photos of where we went on there!

Last modified on Sep 19, 2021 - 9:04 PM by Xpresso
Anna
Anna
3904 posts
expert &
Sep 20, 2021 - 11:37 AM in reply to Xpresso

Aww Teddie is so cute. And lucky! Love all the shots especially the one with the Gornergrat in the background :)

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022