Trip report has disappeared

• Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    2 August 2019 at 3:34:21 #823188

Hi site moderators,

Yesterday I spent a few hours writing up part 1 of our trip report from our 5 week trip in May/June. After attaching some photos that I’d saved to my desktop, and hitting “post this thread”, the report appears not to have uploaded. 😩 I can’t find it on the site or in my account, and unfortunately didn’t save the text anywhere else on my laptop. Can any of the moderators find my report, I wasn’t sure if content is ‘vetted’ prior to public posting or not? If not, bugger, I’ll have to do it again. Was also wondering if it may have had something to do with the photo attachments, maybe I did something in error there?

Thanks,

Narelle

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 August 2019 at 6:30:47 #919155

Hi Narelle,

First of all: thank you for taking the time to share a trip report here! Second: too bad something went wrong with it. Images should be 1 Mb max each. If not, they will be refused but it should not cause the entire report to be lost. I can’t find it unfortunately, and I am not sure what went wrong. I usually quickly hit CTRL-A, CTRL-C (on a Windows PC) before submitting a long post. That gets you a copy to paste anywhere just in case. Anyway, you can submit a report and edit it later to extend it and attach images, as long as you do that within an hour after submitting. That way the risk of losing some of the work is minimized. If you have an issue uploading images, you can email them to us along with the URL of your trip report, and we will attach them.

Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    2 August 2019 at 7:15:58 #919156

Thanks Arno for having a look for me. I’ll write it up again, and this time copy and paste it elsewhere just in case there’s an issue.

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 August 2019 at 13:08:16 #919157

Great Narelle. We’re looking forward to your report!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 August 2019 at 20:14:18 #919158

Hi Narelle,

If you are writing a long report I would suggest you do it “off-line’ using a word-processor or other text editor. Then when you are happy with it you can cut and paste the document into a forum thread.

• The thread ‘Trip report has disappeared’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.