Trip report Wengen, Jungfraujoch & First in June

• Marcio_coach
    Participant
    15 posts
    6 June 2019 at 13:13:40 #822071

I would like to first thank everyone in the forum with your great suggestions. I stay in Wengen, what a great little town and an awesome hotel I chose. Unfortunately I stay for only one full day and two half days, on my full day I went to Jungfraujoch early in the morning and it was an unbelievable experience, blue skies and a nice weather. Train ride was nice, people that work in the train were really nice and helpful. It gets crowded really quick, but it’s worth it. After I went to “First”, to do the zip line, unfortunately it was a little late and lines were crazy and sold out some of attractions, so I recommend two days , one for each mountain. I hope to be back and go around much more, thanks again

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 June 2019 at 14:30:50 #914317

Hi Marcio coach! Thanks so much for getting back to us and telling about your experiences. You managed to use your one full day very well, although it’s a shame you had to wait that long up at First. If you have the time it’s more relaxed not to plan too much in one day indeed, but in your case I fully understand the combination of both activities. Jungfraujoch is a special experience indeed, I’m glad you appreciated it.

Let’s hope you get to visit Switzerland once more!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2019 at 20:57:00 #914318

Hi Marcio,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I also plan to go to Jungfraujoch just half a day. Could you please let me know what train ticket to buy and where to buy it? Thank you!

Marcio_coach
    Participant
    15 posts
    7 June 2019 at 21:03:38 #914319

Sure, I bought a 3 day Swiss pass, to go around Switzerland , and when I was in Wengen I bought Jungfraujoch tickets there the day before, because I knew weather was going to be nice, ticket officer was really nice and helped me with route and train changes. I hope you get a nice weather there. Restaurant there was really good, there are two, I went to one that doesn’t have a buffet

good luck

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 1:49:02 #914320

Hi, can i buy ticket from interlaken to jungfraujoch (return) from getyourguide.com in Indonesia?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 4:01:55 #914321

Hello Mira dama,

Please see all options of ticket to the Jungfraujoch in below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages

Best,
    Steph

Arno
    15484 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 6:49:25 #914323

Dear Arno ,

thank you..

it said valid for 1 day in Get Your Guide web.

If we buy it, can we use it at any time of that day? i mean the booking day.

And can we go outside, like take a walk in Lauterbrunnen, and get the next train back to interlaken or the same case if we want to visit Grindelwald? Can we use the ticket for that?

Thank you.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2019 at 7:12:43 #914324

Hi Sendha,

Yes, it’s valid for any train that day, and you can get off and on the train wherever you like.

Please submit a new thread if you have further questions, as this is the thread for Marcio’s trip report. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 8:40:14 #914325

Ohh ok.

Im sorry. Thank you!

• The thread ‘Trip report Wengen, Jungfraujoch & First in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.