Trip to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2011 at 8:32:08 #804603

We are a group of four visiting Switzerland and planning a trip to Jungfrau. Since we are driving, we would like to use the car as much as possible and then switch over to a train to get to Jungfrau so as to keep the costs to a minimum. How far can we go by car before we transfer to a car? Any suggestions will be welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    15 August 2011 at 12:42:23 #833856

Hello kkvenky,

You can get as far as Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. From there you will have to take the cog railway to Kleine Scheidegg, from where the train to Jungfraujoch departs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2011 at 14:21:06 #833857

Olga – thank you for your reply.
    I have another query. If we decide to take a train from Interlaken-Ost to Jungfrau and back, is it possible to go through Lauterbrunnen on the way forward and via Grindelwald on the way back with a round trip ticket? Or must we buy two-one way tickets because the route has changed? Thank you.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    16 August 2011 at 3:26:24 #833858

Hello kkvenky,

Yes, it’s possible (and a good idea :-)!) to make the trip as you described. If I were you, I would mention it when you buy your ticket(s), but it won’t be a problem.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2011 at 12:13:10 #833859

I would suggest taking the train from Interlaken Ost. The scenery is unbelievably beautiful and if you drive, the driver will miss too much. I did the trip in the spring and can’t wait to go back. Also, going up the other side of the valley, to the Schilthorn, is even more amazing!

• The thread ‘Trip to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.