Trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 10:10:05 #807137

Hi,I am in Switzerland from 7th to 12th of May. staying in Lucerne. that gives me 4 full days in Lucerne. we are group of 6 persons with a small kid of 6. have bought swiss rail pass for 4 days. need on suggestions on ideas on what to do in Lucerne. somethings which we have thought is spending 1 day in Lucerne, Mt titlis 1 day, bern 1 day and Geneva 1 day. any suggestions ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 April 2015 at 12:28:04 #842718

Hi ssinghan,

This page is useful for you: myswissalps.com/lucerne/activities.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 April 2015 at 2:15:39 #842719

Good train service from Lucerne to Geneva –

Trains run 3 times per hour. Most requires changes of trains. The train with no changes leaves on the hour and takes 2 hours and 46 minutes. That might make for a short day in Geneva.

The SBB web site can help. It also includes boat schedules. Best to look at a map if you want to look into those routes for the boats on Lake Lucerne.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

On the home page of this web site, click on the map at the right.

swisstopo.admin.ch/ internet/swisstopo/ en/home.html

A lake boat ride on Lake Lucerne is quite pleasant. Food and drink and nice scenery. You can take various routes and sections, to see all or different parts of the lake. You can take a train to Brunnen or Flüelen and ride back, for example.

You can – with limits, since the boats are not as frequent as trains – get off, explore a village , etc. – and catch the next boat, too.

Don’t know how long it would hold the attention of a 6 year old, but I find it relaxing, beautiful, and not boring. The southern part of the lake interests me most.

• The thread ‘Trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.