Trip to Zermatt via scenic train route

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2016 at 5:55:44 #808688

Dear Arno and Annika,

I will flight in to Geneva Airport and leave Zurich Airport for 6 days 5 nights. I am planning to visit Montreux, Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne. I have bought the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days only. Which option is the best scenic train route ?

Option 1 : Montreux (1 night) >> Zermatt (2 nights) >> Interlaken (1 night) >> Lucerne (1 night)

Option 2: Montreux (1 night) >> Interlaken (1 night) >> Zermatt (2 nights) >> Lucerne (1 night)

Is my plan too rush ?

I’m appreciate for your advice. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Cindy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 March 2016 at 18:29:51 #849699

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Cindy!

Option 1 makes more sense in terms of traveling times and topography. The timetable will help you to plan your trips in detail. Our pages on Montreux, Zermatt, Interlaken and Lucerne can be interesting as well. You’ll find tips for activities and centrally located hotels there.

Whether this is too full is entirely up to you. If you and your travel party like to explore several regions within a short time frame, it’s a good schedule. Most important is that you check the timetable and decide whether you’re fine with the traveling times. Also consider that many trips, especially mountain top visits, are weather dependent. Staying in a specific town or region just one day or night may reduce the chance of a successful visit in clear weather.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2016 at 1:53:14 #849700

Dear Annika,

Your advice is helpful for my planning. Thank you.

Cindy

• The thread ‘Trip to Zermatt via scenic train route’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.