Trouble getting a 3 Travel Pass Flex Combi

• Fognorth
    Participant
    29 posts
    10 May 2015 at 23:53:41 #807202

My daughter was trying to get the 3 day flex combi pass for her and her 15 year old daughter and has met with nothing but failure. When she tries to go to the book it page and pay it gives a message in red something like youth fare maybe available cheaper or somthing like that and will not process the request. Repeated attempts to try and figure out how to purchase the passes have failed. Any idea what the problem might be? I have already booked for me and my sweetheart and she is trying to book for her and her daughter. We are all traveling together? Strange…Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 May 2015 at 0:07:39 #842962

<<“My daughter was trying to get the 3 day flex combi pass for her and her 15 year old daughter and has met with nothing but failure. When she tries to go to the book it page and pay it gives a message in red something like youth fare maybe available cheaper or somthing like that and will not process the request. “>>

Arno and Annika are the experts on travel passes and cards.

My amateur opinion is that you are trying to book a card/pass for a child who is too young to need one.

Let’s see what the experts say.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 May 2015 at 7:01:16 #842963

Hi Fognorth,

I’m sorry she’s having so much trouble to get her pass! I don’t know which page she tried, but since you’re from the US, the most obvious page would be raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-travel-pass-flex-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html. I don’t see any error messages there, but the site suggested a Youth pass for the 15 year old, which is incorrect. A 15 year old can travel for free with the Swiss Family Card. I will contact them so they can correct that.

I’d recommend to go to raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-half-fare-card and order there. Simply fill out ‘1 adult’ and ‘1 child in Family Card’. Should you get any weird error messages, select ‘1st and 2nd class’, then switch back to ‘2nd class only’. That seems to help.

All points of sale are listed here (select the Combi pass, then click ‘Show results’). If she’s running into an issue again, please let me know which website she is using.

• The thread ‘Trouble getting a 3 Travel Pass Flex Combi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.