Recommendations for 2 days in Zermatt (December)?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2018 at 16:55:47 #818888

Dear forum,

I will be visiting with my family on 14 to 15 December, and would like to get your recommendations and advice regarding our visit.

I will arrive at approximately 1.30 pm on 14 December. I was planning to visit all the usual sites the next day — Schwarzsee, Matterhorn glacier paradise, Gornergrat. The Peak2Peak ticket from Matterhorn Zermatt Bergbahnen seems to cover all of these areas, but I’m wondering if it’s practical to fit it all within a day? [http://www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/Book/Online-tickets/Peak2Peak]

Also, assuming the weather at the peaks are not good, are there any recommendations on what we can do? We can’t ski, but I understand there’s some places where we can try out snow tubing and tobogganing, which sounds fun.

Appreciate any recommendations you might have. Thank you!

Regards,

Sholand

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2018 at 7:54:30 #898793

Hi Sholand,

I would expect the Peak2Peak experience to take up most of your day but still it can be done without much trouble.

Definitely a few toboggan runs for you if the snow levels are good. Check that out here: http://www.zermatt.ch/en/wint er-hiking-snowshoeing/Sledding

If I had no future plans on a return to Zermatt I’d probably go up the mountains regardless of weather (at least one) unless it was really bad weather that you don’t want to be outside in.

• The thread ‘Recommendations for 2 days in Zermatt (December)?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.