Jul 10, 2016 - 10:08 PM
I am doing 10 days in Switzerland from 25July onwards. I am travelling with family (2 children 5 and 8 years) I have purchased a swiss travel pass for 8 consecutive days. I had a few questions
1. At the end of the 8 days can i extend the travel pass for a the balance 2 days of my journey if i want to?
2. During my stay I will be travelling on the following trains IC (Intercity), IR (Inter regio), R (Regio). Does my Swiss Travel Pass cover all these trains? Since I am travelling with Children should I be booking reserved seats on any of these trains? Is reservation compulsory on any of the trains.
3. Do i need to validate tickets before boarding a train if I have a STP?
4. I understand that to some location i.e. Jungfraujoch or the Pilatus mountains I need to travel on the Cogwheel trains. Also I understand that on the cogwheel train I need to pay 50% of the fare with my STP. Do i need to buy these tickets in advance? Are reservations required?
5. Finally when I look up an itinerary to Junfraujoch or Pilatus mountains on SBB timetable, it does not mention any cogwheel train? why is that? what is the Train identification code for cogwheel trains?