Uina gorge

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2013 at 0:36:59 #806009

Hello!
    Could anyone help me?
    This summer I will be staying in Chur. At the last moment I got an idea to visit Uina gorge. Unfortunately I have only one day for that and I won’t have time to go and stay overnight in a hotel closer to my destination.
    So, is it possible to visit Uina gorge in one day – starting from Chur and going back to Chur the same day?
    I have found a train Chur-Scoul (2 hours) and a bus Scoul-Sur En (half an hour). But I cannot find out how much time the walk from Sur En to Uina gorge will take, so I am not sure that I’ll have enough time. Could you please tell me the approximate time to walk from Sur En to Uina gorge?
    Are there any shorter and faster ways to get there?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Olena.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 May 2013 at 3:05:23 #838742

Hi Olena. I think it’s a bit too ambitious to do this as a day trip from Chur. Traveling to Sur En takes 2h30 indeed. Then it’s a 2 hour ascend by foot only to reach the entrance of the gorge. Please find details here. An alternative closer to Chur would be the Viamala gorge.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2013 at 8:43:38 #838743

Thank you very much for your advice, Arno.
    I have already planned to go to the Viamala gorge.

However if, in addition to that, I also risk Uina gorge, will it be a long way to go after reaching the entrance of the gorge? Is this a difficult ascent?

Do you know any other ways to get to Uina gorge faster? How much time is the walk from S-charl, for example?
    Thank you very much.
    Olena.

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 May 2013 at 8:53:49 #838744

Hi Olena. I’m sorry, I don’t have more details. The page I linked to mentions the option of booking a taxi; so you could look into that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2013 at 9:20:57 #838745

Thank you very much!

• The thread ‘Uina gorge’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.