Upgrade 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 8:47:59 #813945

How do I upgrade a STP 2nd class ticket to 1st class for panoramic trains? (Glacier Express and Bernina Express). I’ll have a 15 day consecutive day pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 January 2018 at 10:13:35 #873636

You can by a Class upgrade ticket at any train station or on-line or via the SBB mobile app. It will cost you half the difference between the 1st and 2nd class fares.

See http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/class-upgrade.html

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 10:57:39 #873637

Is the STP considered to be a GA pass. I see that you need to hold a GA pass to upgrade to first class. Thank you for your swift reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2018 at 11:31:31 #873638

Hi Debbie,

It is a different product (Tourist vs. local essentially). The validity areas of both are the same, as are the upgrade rules. SBB (Swiss railways) website is more local oriented over tourists unfortunately.

Cheers!

• The thread ‘Upgrade 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.