Urgent help from Milan Italy to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2016 at 13:35:43 #809322

hi,

my my friend had to change her plan due to stroke at Paris.

they are now at Zmilan and would like to travel to Interlaken, what would be threat option in terms of cost and time,

they have 8 days first glass Swiss a Rail Zpass with them

lokking forward for a prompt help please.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 June 2016 at 13:47:16 #852511

Hi Saumya12,

Is this because of the strikes in Paris? Can you explain a bit more about the issue? Paris is not en route from Milan to Interlaken, so taking a train to Interlaken should not be a problem.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2016 at 15:56:24 #852512

Hi,

Instead of Paris I have come to Milan. Now I want to reach Interlaken tomorrow morning. to have cost effective travel would like to use Swiss Travel Pass, which I have already bought for 8 days, first class.

Upto which station I shoumld travel from Milan to Switzerland and then from there which route is better. There are elderly persons in the group.

thanks for your prompt reply.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 June 2016 at 16:25:47 #852513

Hi Saumya12,

You need tickets to Domodossola. From there it’s free with your Swiss Travel Pass. You can stay seated in Domodossola as your train will probably continue to Brig or even Spiez.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2016 at 17:43:08 #852514

Thank you. It’s useful.

I am travelling in 5th June to Paris and on 7th June from Paris to Grneva by TGV LYRIA. what shiuld we do for coming to Switzerland’s any city if my train from Paris gets cancelled.

What is the most cost effective and fast travel

thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 June 2016 at 10:52:46 #852515

You can look into buses: http://www.flixbus.com/bus-routes/bus-paris-geneva. Or a flight. Hopefully the trains will operate again by June 5. If not, not all trains are cancelled at the moment, so you may be able to take a later or earlier train. Please see http://www.tgv-lyria.com/en/booking/t imetables-and-fares/traffic-information. Very annoying, these strikes. I hope it works out fine for you!

• The thread ‘Urgent help from Milan Italy to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.