URGENT: in Milan, have web ticket, how to get SBB

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2012 at 17:03:42 #805678

Hi,
    I have get ticket from Milan to Zurich for tomorrow train from SBB website , but I just found I should change it to a real ticket in Switzerland. I plan to buy a ticket to take another train from Milan to Chiasso, then change my web ticket to a real ticket at Chiasso and take my train (arrive at Chiasso at 7:52) to Zurich . My question is, when I arrive at Chiasso, it’s too early, I guess there is no people in train station office, how can I change my web ticket to a real ticket?
    Or, can I wait at Chiasso till the people arrive office then change my ticket, but maybe itàs latter than my train arrive Chinasso(I mean latter than 7:52)?
    Thank you so much. Very urgent.
    BR

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 October 2012 at 2:33:16 #837376

Hi BR,

I’m not sure why you should change your ticket. I would advice to ask the train personnel whether this is really necessary before spending time on that. The ticket office in Chiasso will open at 9:30 (Sundays). Further opening hours are on the SBB website.

• The thread ‘URGENT: in Milan, have web ticket, how to get SBB’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.