Urgently looking for accomodation in Lucerne

• Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:03:21 #827390

Hi all, my airbnb was cancelled by the host at the very last min. So I am writing here to ask for suggestions. If I want to find an accommodation near luzern for my travelling originally planned for luzeren. Is there any suggestions? I have elderly parents so I need to find somewhere convenient for transport. And does the public transport in luzern end early like what I am experiencing now in Grindelwald where last bus is at 6.44pm.

Where we can cook or supermarkets nearby. I just need to be able to cook with a electrical rice cooker and there’s no fire used.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:31:41 #942772

Hi Loistan76,

I am sorry to hear that your Airbnb has been cancelled. Please have a look at these pages for accommodation in Lucerne: http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/rentals (and for hotels: http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/hotels). You can filter for the maximum travel time to the rail station.

Public transportation works longer in Lucerne as it is a bigger town.

Please note, that you cannot use an electrical rice cooker in hotel rooms (even if there is without open fire).

I hope you find good accommodation soon.

Take care,

Ildiko

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:45:57 #942773

Hi what other towns for accomodation for easier day trips to rigi kulm, stanserhorn, Mount titlis. Or if I move my base to zurich, can anyone suggest me some itinerary for 6 till 11 June. On 6th, I will be doing the berninia express and to reach luzern late at night. I am open for suggestions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:49:41 #942774

Hi Loistan76,

Stans, Küssnacht, Horw and Hergiswils are villages near Lucerne that would be a good base too. They all have train stops.

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:49:46 #942775

Or, with the rebooking refund, I can use for one more night and day in chur. If I can extend the stay I already have in chur for one night. What do you think.?

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:51:14 #942776

Chur is great for multiple nights, so yes, adding a night there would be good too.

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 17:54:18 #942777

It’s a rebooking voucher from airbnb. I am very lost now. Need someone to help me, so I can organize my thoughts and itinerary.

I saw an accomodation in kriens so would kriens be a good base?

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 18:00:53 #942778

Hi what are the attractions in chur ? I have never researched for this town. Best if I can go to attractions where STP is valid .

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 18:25:04 #942779

I know I can check for STP validity but the problem is I don’t know which are in or near chur.

Tks.

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    2 June 2022 at 18:38:45 #942780

Hi. I know I have posted many questions. I am posting again to let you all know that I am now open for suggestions . Or the places and suggestions you all mention here can help me to know what altermatives I can look into. Thank you .

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    3 June 2022 at 0:45:34 #942781

Hi Loistan76,

I booked my coming trip accomodation at luzern. Their name HITrental Chapel Bridge apartments (under booking.com). Walking distance from Luzern train station 7-8 minutes. Hopefully, can help out. I been searching accomodation in luzern almost couple of weeks.

http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/rentals

Angel

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    3 June 2022 at 5:03:36 #942782

Hi. Angel, they are fully booked. I have just made a reservation with ibis budget luzern city. Would This chain be ok to book?

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    3 June 2022 at 5:46:47 #942783

Hi,

Perhaps you try their website. Go direct to them, they got few places in lucerne. See you looking for apartment for your family.

http://www.hitrental.ch/rentals/rentals-luzern-d87196/tag-for-families/list-view/

If happened you found one. Should be ok, Ibis budget lucern city.

Angel

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    3 June 2022 at 6:09:57 #942784

hi,

you can try this Anstatthotel Horw (check booking.com) with kitchen. Hope still available.

Angel

Anna
    6382 posts
    3 June 2022 at 9:35:41 #942785

Hi Loistan76,

Kriens is a good base. It’s located near Lucerne and very close to Mt Pilatus.

I agree with Arno that Chur is also good for multiple nights stay. You can check out Chur Tourism website for more information.

Hope everything works out.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2022 at 9:03:25 #942786

Hi Loistan76,

If you download the Swiss Travel Pass validity map at https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity, you can see which routes near Chur are covered. Chur is a nice city to explore, and you can make many scenic rides that are fully covered by your pass. Suggestions:

Jcmcmanj
    Participant
    7 posts
    4 June 2022 at 15:24:48 #942787

I found the public transportation to be great in Luzerne, bus stops all over the place, particularly in the city area and running regularly. You can check the sbb app. Consider splitting up to 2 apt pending how many beds you are looking for – some people have multiple listing in apt buildings. Also ensure elevator If your concerned about mobility and you find apt.

(For reference: We stayed in an airbnb in the city off Hofstrasse st, had elevator and the airbnb provider had a few apt that were very similar)

Loistan76
    Participant
    14 posts
    5 June 2022 at 5:19:03 #942788

Hi. I am thankful I found swissalps forum and this site is a great help for this swiss trip. Contributors here are very quick on responses and advices are helpful. Thank you all, I have been enjoying my trip to Switzerland. Glad that this hiccup on luzern accomodation did not really affect much on my trip. Thank you. Regards, Lois.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 June 2022 at 6:09:18 #942789

Hi Lois,

I’m glad to hear it all worked out for you. Thank you for the compliments!

• The thread ‘Urgently looking for accomodation in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.