Using a 50% discount card on ZVV passes?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2012 at 12:37:20 #804857

Does anyone know if any of the 50% discount passes (Half Fare, Flexi Pass, Swiss Card) allow me to purchase a 6 day ZVV pass at half price? I’ll be in Rapperswil for 3 weeks, and plan a few trips throughout Switzerland, but including many quick trips into Zurich. So I was wondering if I could apply the 50% savings to one of these ZVV passes as well. Thanks in advance, this forum has been so useful to me during my last two trips to Switzerland!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 January 2012 at 1:21:40 #834684

Hello KaraBoo,

The ZVV is kind of an exception to the 50% rule: they grant a 20-50% discount, depending on the ticket. I’m not familiar with the 6-day pass you’re referring to, but it probably already includes a discount compared to the regular fare. You can best check with the ZVV to see whether you get an additional discount on top of that.

I’m glad you like the forum!

• The thread ‘Using a 50% discount card on ZVV passes?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.