Venice to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2014 at 16:22:13 #806777

There are 4 of us who will be travelling from Venice, Italy to Wengen at the end of June. We would like to take the scenic train to Jungfrau and spend 2 nights there. We then want to stay in Zermatt for one night and take the train to Milan for 2 nights and then return to Venice. I have no idea what train to take. Please help! Thank You, Dorna.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 December 2014 at 12:54:57 #841460

Hi dorna, welcome to MySwissAlps!

All trains can be found in the timetable. The most obvious route would be Venice via Milan, Domodossola and Visp to Spiez. Then a train to Interlaken, then one to Lauterbrunnen and finally one to Wengen (a lot of changes but not difficult at all). A Jungfraujoch visit is an easy day trip from Wengen.

Then you retrace you steps to Visp and take a train to Zermatt from there. Finally back to Visp and the same route back to Milan and Venice.

You need point to point tickets for the Italian part of the trip between Venice and Domodossola. From Domodossola you can use one of the Swiss rail passes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2014 at 21:48:33 #841461

When I look at the timetable, I can’t tell if the times, such as 20:57, is AM or PM. How can you tell?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2014 at 21:50:08 #841462

Would also like to get some suggestions as to the best place to stay. I read somewhere that Wengen is very nice. Would you suggest that? We would like to take the scenic train to Jangfrau and maybe do some easy hiking

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    1 January 2015 at 16:32:03 #841463

Hello dorna,

Everything between 00.00 and 12.00 is A.M., everything between 12.00 and 23.59 is P.M.

As for staying in Wengen: that’s really a personal matter. It’s beautifully located and you are close to Kleine Scheidegg, from where you can take the train to Jungfraujoch. Note that Wengen is car free.

• The thread ‘Venice to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.