Via feratta in Switzerland for families/kids

Via feratta in Switzerland for families/kids

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
GTaylorUK
GTaylorUK
1 post
Jul 3, 2017 - 1:54 PM

When travelling in Austria we found some great open access via feratta that were set up for kids to learn, i.e. having lower cables and shorter steps on the ladders, etc. Are there any similar set ups in Switzerland, in particular around Meiringen, Bettermalp, etc.

Many thanks

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2017 - 1:40 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps GTaylorUK!

I haven't heard of that, sounds nice. This is not my area of expertise though, so hopefully someone else can provide information.

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
140 posts
Jul 6, 2017 - 8:49 AM

It's been a few years since i did a klettersteig in Switzerland and they were all pretty challenging. I did see a father take his daughter on the Allmenalp and i guess she as about 12, and not enjoying it at all. As an alternative, there are adventure parks that will get the kids (and you) off the ground using suspended rope walkways, ladders, ziplines, etc. I think there is one near the Gletscherschlucht at Grindelwald.

As far as klettersteigs go, your best bet would be to enquire at the Alpine Center in Grindelwald, or the tourist centers in whichever town you are in.

Sorry i can't be more specific,

Have fun

Alan

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1186 posts
top member
Jul 7, 2017 - 4:40 AM in reply to GTaylorUK

It might be worth searching here:

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/interests/family-trips.html

You can use the filters to narrow down the suggested activities by type, area and age of your children, amongst other things.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jul 7, 2017 - 4:43 AM by Alpenrose666

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017