Via feratta in Switzerland for families/kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2017 at 13:54:03 #812491

When travelling in Austria we found some great open access via feratta that were set up for kids to learn, i.e. having lower cables and shorter steps on the ladders, etc. Are there any similar set ups in Switzerland, in particular around Meiringen, Bettermalp, etc.

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2017 at 13:40:36 #866155

Welcome to MySwissAlps GTaylorUK!

I haven’t heard of that, sounds nice. This is not my area of expertise though, so hopefully someone else can provide information.

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    6 July 2017 at 8:49:56 #866156

It’s been a few years since i did a klettersteig in Switzerland and they were all pretty challenging. I did see a father take his daughter on the Allmenalp and i guess she as about 12, and not enjoying it at all. As an alternative, there are adventure parks that will get the kids (and you) off the ground using suspended rope walkways, ladders, ziplines, etc. I think there is one near the Gletscherschlucht at Grindelwald.

As far as klettersteigs go, your best bet would be to enquire at the Alpine Center in Grindelwald, or the tourist centers in whichever town you are in.

Sorry i can’t be more specific,

Have fun

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 4:40:01 #866157

It might be worth searching here:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/interests/family-trips.html

You can use the filters to narrow down the suggested activities by type, area and age of your children, amongst other things.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Via feratta in Switzerland for families/kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.